This weekend I am attending a youth retreat in Oregon called FaithQuest. I will say that I am very excited to go, but at the same time, I am kind of hesitant. There was this other retreat that I went to called Apple Cider Press, and it was fun, however, there were few people that I actually talked to. And I felt so out of place whenever I went up just to talk to them. Well, this time, I will try to be someone different. I will not wander around the campus, wondering what I should do or who I should talk to. It is time for me to start trying.
As of tomorrow, I will be gone until Monday. I just pray that I will be able to get along with the people. I predict it will be more of a challenge because generally about 500 teens participate in this event. Just thinking about being in a large group of people scares me, but that's the introverted side of me that wants to be quiet.
Lately I've been having this thought that I have a hard time talking to people. And then recently I realized, maybe it's not that I have a hard time talking to people, but I don't know what to say. I've sat down before where I imagined my own conversation with someone, but it went nowhere. Maybe first in order to talk to more people, I need to listen. That's something someone helped me to realize. I need to sit in and listen first and foremost, and if needed, I can throw in my input. I have stood in a group of people and eventually I had a tendency to tune them out. If I really wanted to learn how to communicate with more people, then I should listen without getting distracted.
I will see where God takes me this weekend. I only have one friend going with me, so if I ever feel the need to talk, I suppose I can just go to them. And so, I prepare for my weekend adventure! Maybe I can get a little writing done, but somehow I highly doubt that heh heh.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Pitter patter, drip drop, a song for living life...
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About this blog
About Me
- Raine
- I am not ashamed to admit that I am a Christian. I love God, and I will try to follow in His footsteps using the gifts He has given me. And so, I fully pursue a music major and a photography minor. Writing is another gift, but it seems more like a hobby at the moment. And this is the basic outline of me.
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Haha, I love your last bit. I don't predict I'll get any writing done either. And I don't have anything to do this weekend. :P Though, I suppose blog posts can count.
ReplyDelete